Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

I am a kid in America and I can honestly say that I do not think that I have learned enough in school about nutrition and cooking in school-- and I took home ec and actually paid attention in health class. Health education is not made relevant enough in school-- All we do is fill out sheets on what we ate for a week and get told to eat our fruits and veggies and cut back on the sweets.

I don't really know how to cook a healthy meal. I don't really know where to get good produce or how to tell when things are ripe. Not everyone learns those things at home and I wish my schools taught me early on to be more involved in my food choices.

And that is what Jaime Oliver's food petition is all about. He wants to send the president a message about how many Americans want their kids to know more about where their food comes from and how to make healthy choices in an active, engaging way. You'll notice that we have a new eco badge in the right hand bar. That's for signing the petition! click that or the link above to sign it too!

The website also showcases recipes and restaurants that he thinks live up to his ideas about fresher, healthier food.

No comments:

Post a Comment